Friday, March 11, 2016

Australia 2016 - Planning and Parking Tickets

On Wednesday morning I went to do some wedding service planning with Claire. Larry and I spent part of the afternoon in downtown Fremantle checking out locations and all - and getting a $50 parking ticket! The Australian dollar is worth less than the US dollar, so it worked out to about $37 after I paid it. Just didn’t see the signs! Later Wednesday afternoon we had a wedding rehearsal at The Roundhouse, where the service will be held. This - also a former prison - is a beautiful location overlooking the harbor. It’s the oldest building in Western Australia. After the rehearsal, Larry and I ate at Little Creatures, a waterfront brewery. It is a huge place, but we found a quiet table and ordered some fries, mussels, and a sardine dish with apples, parsley, and croutons. The fries (too many!) and mussels were good, but the sardine dish was spectacular! A lot of good cooking in this town!

Later that evening I drove over to Claire and Jared’s and met the Celebrant for the wedding. I’m actually the main person for officiating, but I can’t legally do it in Australia. Here they have official folk called Celebrants who a licensed to perform weddings.  His name is Doug Booth and he a really nice man. It was fun that all we had planned was in total agreement with what he needs to accomplish. There is very specific language he needs to use for the wedding to be legal. Very interesting. He’s also doing all kinds of things to help it all go smoothly, like bring microphones and sound system and all. Splendid. I think he and I will be a nice team to do the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment