Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Wedding Road Trip, Day 3

We drove from Billings to Fargo - a long day, but a good one. We followed the trail of river flooding throughout eastern Montana and North Dakota. The amount of water everywhere is incredible. It is like North Dakota has become the Land of Ten Thousand Lakes instead of Minnesota. And the wind! 40 mph everywhere. We stopped at one place to switch drivers, and when I opened the driver door it about blew off! Fortunately the wind was at our back the whole time. The car clocked some pretty heady mpg scores - 63 once!

Today was the 40th anniversary of the first time I went to Holden Village. I went to be on Volunteer Staff for three weeks and stayed for eleven. It was a simple idea by a friend in Tacoma, and it shaped the rest of my life. Amazing to think about for me.

Tomorrow we head first to St. Paul where I have a meeting re: candidacy work, and then down to Stockholm to Paul and Carol Hinderlie's Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment