Sunday, September 6, 2009

First Sunday

I'm taking a little break from getting ready for worship. It's all in the evening here. I still need a routine, so it feels a little disjointed to be doing my final preparations in the afternoon.

We woke up this morning to a little dusting of snow on the peaks around the Village - on Buckskin, the saddle, and on Dumbbell. A foretaste of the feast to come. It has been cold and rainy for the last three days, with not much letup in sight. There are lots of games being played in the Dining Hall and lots of reading and knitting going on!

Larry came into the Village on Thursday, and we've managed to get all the boxes unpacked and our living area fairly organized. I'm sure it will all get rearranged soon, but at least we can find what we need when we need it most of the time.

That's the news from the little village in the Railroad Creek valley. I'd better quit while I'm ahead. They've had to turn on heat, and the whole system's a little out of whack. The power has been going off from time to time all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment